20080220

MARIAH'S NEW SINGLE

I'm a huge Mariah fan. Most of my friends will agree. I have all her albums, CD singles, remix singles, her exclusive Pepsi Ringtones, and some rarities such as a "Love Takes Time" promotional CD.

My friends have asked me to name my fave Mariah song. I couldn't even decide on just one.

Her newest album, called E=MC2 (eeew) is set to be released on April 15. She went through 2 other album titles, first was Sweet Soul Odyssey, then it was Your Girl, and now she's going with E=MC2.

The first single off the new album is "Touch My Body", a mid-tempo cut, where she talks about having a secret rendezvous with someone at a hotel room, and threatens the guy if he ever has a hidden camera in there, she'd better not see the video on YouTube or else, "I will hunt you down".

I'm not crazy about the track. I think it's not a first single track. It lacks that "wow factor" for a first single. So unlike "Vision of Love", "Honey" or "Fantasy". But people are raving about it, and I don't know why. But I have to agree with some people, it's that kinda track you don't mind hearing like 5 times an hour.

And plus I think she should give the whole rap, hip-hop thing a rest. She's 37 years old, clearly not getting any younger. So she should leave the trampy stuff to Beyonce, Rihanna and Britney.

But I suppose her fans will make this single and the album number one again, I'm sure. But wouldn't it be nice to gain some new fans?

Do you guys know that with "Don't Forget About Us", she is now tied with Elvis Presley, having 17 #1 singles? And if "Touch My Body" keeps up its pace in the charts, it would be her 18th #1, and she would be dethroning The King. Billboard also just crowned her as the only active recording artist in the 48 years of the Hot 100 (which began in 1958) with the potential to surpass the Beatles' all-time high of 20 #1 hits.

W-O-W!

Listen to TMB here: http://profile.imeem.com/Wc6ukZ/music/a3MPjBpd/mariah_carey_touch_my_body/

No comments: