20080220

RAGS II RICHES

It hasn't been easy finding a protective slipcase for my Asus Eee PC. It does come with a free slipcase, but its material isn't thick enough to protect the laptop, especially when I'm using just any bag.

Dex, one of bestest friends, works for JesCom (Jesuit Communications), the production and publishing arm of Ateneo. She knew that I've been looking for a slipcase for the Asus, and she also knew how hard it was for me to look for one.
She gave me this slipcase which resembled an item almost all Pinoy households have, the fabric woven welcome mat.
It's by Rags II Riches, an organization/charity formed to give jobs to the Payatas women. These are all hand made by the women of Payatas, and is even signed individually by the one who made it. And the current product line of Rags II Riches, featuring the iconic welcome mat, is designed by Rajo Laurel.

Isn't it so chic? I thought it was so brilliant to use this material for these items. I first wished Dex gave me a darker color, maybe in black or gray. But the white one does go well with my laptop, and I kinda liked that it really looked like a welcome mat, especially with the random colored fabric that normally mixes with the white. The one she gave me was really a cosmetic case. It even had a black bow on the front. I took it off of course. They are coming out with laptop sleeves soon, but Dex figured they might not make one for the Asus's size. Good thinking my friend.

They also have more kikay stuff for you girls, like totes, clutches and even wine bottle slip cases.

I expressed my wanting to contribute to this cause to Dex, by putting together a fashion shoot featuring these products. The models, photographer, and everyone who will be involved will of course do this pro bono. I hope Dex could arrange it.

If you would like to support Rags II Riches in any way, or simply wanna purchase any of their chic creations, log on to their site at http://slb.ph/r2r/, or contact them at 4266101 loc 3440-41 or text/call 0905 3273999.

No comments: